Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tripped over and toe nail has gone through the top of my big toe?

had a bit of a fall over a step and landed funny on my big toe to which my toe nail has gone through the top of my toe(skin) with a cut the full length of toe . quite a big bruise on it and very very soreTripped over and toe nail has gone through the top of my big toe?
you should have this evaluated by a dr within 24 hours. the toenails contain hidden germs and bacteria that could have entered your toe and could cause serious infection.





wash the area well with warm water and soap. wrap the toe in gauze (found at any local drugstore) and apply NOTHING to it until you are seen by a dr.





you can take ibuprofen (if not allergic) for the pain and to help reduce swelling. take 200-400mg every 6 hours as needed but no more than 1200mg in 24 hoursTripped over and toe nail has gone through the top of my big toe?
OUCH AND DOUBLE OUCH!! se your doctor VERY VERY smartly! you will regret it the rest of your LIFE if you don't I have been wearing booths for 30 years, and my toenails fall off EVERY time when long and i bump my toes just a little bit, and of they go!! like taking a bottlecap off!! sorry but do you get the message???!!

No comments:

Post a Comment