Friday, May 14, 2010

OMG! I wore fake nails and now my real one won't top chipping and breaking! I've tried everything, even milk!

I've tried:


-drinking more milk


-garlic(dont ask why XD)


-vitamins


-like a ton of other things!OMG! I wore fake nails and now my real one won't top chipping and breaking! I've tried everything, even milk!
Keep them free of polish that is bad for the nails. Wear gloves when you do the dishes or have your hands in any chemicals. Give them a chance to recover and grow out.My girls use those nails all the time and their own are a mess now. Fashion has its price. I use Vaseline Intensive Care lotion for hands and nails that has helped me.


One of my nails has a permanent split in it because I used to use it as a screw driver lol.OMG! I wore fake nails and now my real one won't top chipping and breaking! I've tried everything, even milk!
use clear stuff that makes it strong. you can get it anywhere
Actually, nothing is going to help sweetie! I had on fake nails for 4 years, and now all but one of my nails are okay. The one that is messed up has a permanent split once it grows out of the nail bed. What happens is when the nail tech uses a Dremel or other power tool or even files too deep, it injures the nail bed and scar tissue is formed. Whenever the nail grows over that scar area, it splits. It really sucks because all of my other nails grow nice and even, but that one bad one has to stay clipped short so it doesn't get torn off.
I hate to say it, but get used to it.





I had fake nails for a while and when I took them off my nails were horribly brittle and weak. That was 3+ years ago and they are still bad. I guess they maybe get a little stronger with time, but I don't know that they ever really recover. My cuticles are a permanent wreck now, too.





The best thing I have found is to apply some strengthening nail polish, but it also peels a lot on my nails which them makes me bite them and that is no good either.
protein, eat it! Jell-O is also good for fingernails.
I had the same problem. Were they acrylic overlays? If so, you have to wait for your natural nails to grow completely out from where the drill marks are. Until that time, try using a nail strengthener nailpolish (Sally Hansen Diamond Nails is the best).
knox gelatin
Try Nailtiques. You can buy it at beautyrealm.com. Tit is about $20 a bottle, but really worth it. You put a coat on everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment