Friday, May 14, 2010

What is more important? Top Coat or Base Coat for Nails?

Currently, I'm deciding whether or not to get a base coat or a top coat. I have a clear colour which I heard can be used as a top coat or a base coat, so to save $$$ I'm only going to buy one of them. The things is that I don't which one! The two I'm deciding between is a base coat that smooths the nail over for more even application of colour, or a top coat with UV protection. Can anybody tell suggest the one I should choose?What is more important? Top Coat or Base Coat for Nails?
It depends, base coats as you said smooth the nail for the polish. But also if you are painting it a dark color then you NEED the base coat so the color won't stain your nails.





With the UV top coat, do you get a lot of sun. And do you have a lot of sun on your nails. It seems weird to me and I wouldn't spend money on it.





Perhaps a top coat that will prevent chips instead.








To sum it up:





If you are painting your nail in a light color get a top coat.





Latter in the fall and winter when darker colors are in get the base coat.What is more important? Top Coat or Base Coat for Nails?
go with the base coat, or if all else fails buy the cheaper one. It's all just nail polish. any coat under the colour, as long as it dries first will do a pretty good job of smoothing the nail.
If you want the UV protection get the top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment