Monday, May 10, 2010

The tops of my nails are slightly bumpy, more so on my thumbs. Why is this and how can I stop it?

I'm almost sure it's due to some sort of vitamin/minerals deficiency, but I'm not sure exactly which one. So please tell me if you know!


Thanks!The tops of my nails are slightly bumpy, more so on my thumbs. Why is this and how can I stop it?
Umm im not sure but i buff the top of my nails once every few weeks when they start getting bumpyThe tops of my nails are slightly bumpy, more so on my thumbs. Why is this and how can I stop it?
The shape of the tops of your nails are, unfortunately, inherited. Can't be changed with diet. Unique, like finger prints. Thumbs do tend to have ridges more than the others.





A previous answerer suggested filing them. I'm sure she means one of those wedgy sort of files, kind of like a sponge. You can knock down some of the ridges that way.





(But, to be honest, most people don't notice ridges on other people.)





Nail polish (clear, if you're a guy) should also smooth them out???
sorry cant help, mine only do it when i have been wearing the glue on falsies and i have taken them off, then they are bumpy until they have grown out.
Vitamin D from what I remember, it can also indicate that you have asthma.
Hi dont worry to much, but for more details go on the search bar and just type in 'ridges on fingernails' pick the 1st site shown...ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment